Monday, July 2, 2012

BRONYCON--GEN X-Yers SUFFERING THE PETER PAN SYNDROME

Is Generation X-Y becoming the "I'll Never Grow Up" generation of the new millenium?  A cult-following has developed recently surrounding what should be a kid's cartoon show called My Little Pony.  But the concept has gone viral with thousands of 20-40 year olds who recently attended the Brony 2012 Convention.  One 25-yo attendee was heard to say, “I thought about what people would say. 'It’s creepy. It’s weird. It’s a ... show for little girls.'"  So why do grown men and women flock to this fantasy children's world?  Take a peek:


"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things ..."
~ 1st Corinthians 13:11  

With the world on the verge of economic collapse; wildfires, flooding, and extreme heat devasting the country; and a pivotal presidential election on the horizon, it's a little unsettling to think the future rests in the hands of Bronies who shun responsibility, disdain maturity and lack common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment