Thursday, July 19, 2012

THE WIDOW'S MITE IS REALLY THE WIDOW'S MIGHT

Where should you be giving your tithe?  Organized religion will tell you that your tithes go to them--the place where you get "fed."  Really?  Quote me chapter and verse on this and please do not drag me back under the Levitical Law of the Tithe  that applied to the ancient Temple.  My physical body is now the Temple; so with that reasoning, the tithe should go to me!  I find it totally curious that the Federal Government and organized religion have partnered together with the promise of a tax-deduction to make sure your tithe does go to them .

"The Virtuous Woman opens her arms and
extends her hands to the needy" ~ Proverbs 31:20

However, the Scriptures do say,  "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep yourself from being polluted by the world."  (James 1:27) 

So from a Biblical perspective, my mandate is to apportion much of my tithe to widows and orphans.  I get no tax-deduction, but the return blessing has been exponential, turning the gift of a Widow's Mite into my own gift of a Widow's Might.    Now, as a widow myself, I am stronger, healthier and more prosperous.  What about you?
  
Sharing the joy of sustainable lifestyles for Virtuous Women: www.womanscents.com

No comments:

Post a Comment